Charity: Rotaract North-Limburg
Since 2014, I have been a member of the youth service club Rotaract North-Limburg, part of the extensive Rotary international network. Each year we organise different initiatives to gather financial support for charities not well known to the public. One example of these initiatives is our yearly brunch.
Student Community Medica
Student community Medica is related to the Faculty of Medecine at KU Leuven. Since 2014 I have been a member of their website team and I was appointed head webmaster for the academic years 2015-2016, 2016-2017 and the first part of the academic year 2017-2018. Besides this main activity I have been engaged in multiple working parties of our student community:
- 2014 – present: Member of the Class of 2019 Student Council
- 2015 – present: Organising committee Intra-community teambuilding (Working Party GW)
- 2015 – 2017: Student Representative at the Faculty Council
- 2015 – 2017: AV-support of the yearly evening concert (Working Party APC)
- 2015 – 2016: Orginising committee of the yearly Gala
- 2014 – 2015: Assistance of first-year students (Working Party EJW)
WORKING AT THE EXTERNAL RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT OF THE DEAN’S OFFICE OF THE FACULTY OF MEDECINE, KU LEUVEN
In September 2015, I started working as a student employee at the External Relations and Communications department of the Dean’s office at the Faculty of Medicine of KU Leuven. This allowed me to get a more dynamic image of the faculty and its international relations. I was able to broaden my global view on education and it increased my eagerness to take part in courses around the world.
I completed the redesign of the Faculty of Medicine website, one of my major projects during my employment, in September 2017 after which I decided to end my working activities and focus on my studies.